READ the LATEST UPDATES since MY LAST TWO POSTS:
- Sports induced asthma. That's why my daughter can't breathe. And she hasn't been asked to Homecoming yet either, gosh darnit, so if anyone needs a Homecoming date that can't breathe . . .
- My 15-year-old started basketball boot camp this week. Lifting and conditioning, baby! But he missed his 6:15 a.m. scripture study this morning. Uh-oh. All six versus of it. At least he made it in time for the closing song so maybe he'll get half a blessing. And guess what!!? His guardian makes him a home lunch everyday! La-dee-da! If I was his guardian I would make him a home lunch too, but I'm just his mom. So I say, let him eat cake! (Someone grab a pen and write that down.)
- Today when I picked my 15-year old up from conditioning, he says to me, "This is what I'm going to need from you when I get home: A really tall protein shake, some Ibuprofen, and a cold, wet cloth." Then he put his head back and fell asleep. Toldya his needs are great.
- But did I tellya he got his Learners Permit? And did I tellya that I went through a phase? A phase where moving vehicles made me want to FREAK OUT, so to speak? The only thing that made me want to freak out more than moving vehicles, so to speak, was when my son would say, STOP FREAKING OUT!
- Speaking of moving vehicles, I almost ran over my next door neighbor yesterday. He darted in front of me on his bike across a busy street on his way home from high school. When I told my daughter that I almost ran over our next door neighbor she said, as sincerely as humanly possible, "Well, if you're gonna run over someone, I guess it's better to run over a neighbor than someone you don't even know."
FER REALS! She said that!
- Lulu's shock collar was sent to Hawaii by mistake. Oh wells, at least there's one more temple worthy dog in the Islands.
- Now my hub is saying that a year from now he either wants to raise chickens or a garden. I told him to keep fasting and praying about it. I'm sure the right answer will be revealed to him. One way or another. Or at least the answer that will make us more popular in the neighborhood.
That's it folks. But tune in tomorrow to hear about my hub's sudden, adult-onset thinking-things-through-logically kick.
P.S The Nutty Hamster Chick is trying to win some tickets to the Utah vs. BYU football game with her lucky Y shaped turkey bone. I personally think it would be easier to just take up a collection, so either click on this link, then click on the 5 stars (which gives her five points), or just leave your credit card number in my comment box.