Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Service Soapbox

I'm a Service Soapbox Blogger

Service Soapbox is having a writing contest for their upcoming ginormous baby shower.

Service Soapbox Baby Shower

The whole blog/baby shower is such a cool idea. I'm disappointed I won't be able to attend the shower because I'll be at the LDS Storymakers conference. Woot woot! However, I am crocheting myself silly in order to donate me some baby hats.

The writing topic is compassionate service, charity, birth defects or March of Dimes. What to chose, what to chose . . .

I was going to talk about all the March of Dimes Walk-A-Thons I've participated in while singing I'd like To Teach The World to Sing at the top of my lungs with my third grade teacher, Mrs. Hunt and my best friend, Mary.

Then I was just going to enter this post about my son who has hemophilia.

But then I thought about the Magic Quilt . . .

It's about time for a Magic Quilt update anyway.

Kritta (my magic quilter) and I both had major life changes this year--Kritta moved and then I moved, and then Kritta became preggers and I then I became preggers.

Just joshin' peeps, but moving did feel a lot like being preggers.

Then Kritta had the hardest, riskiest pregnancy in the history of the world, culminating in a surprise birth.

Needless to say, the Magic Quilt project was put on the back burner. But guess what!!!! Kritta is almost done with the quilt so we will soon be sending it out to it's first recipient. YAY!


Click here for my contest entry.


4 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I've seen a lot about this soapbox on blogland.
I'm off to check it out.
Do you think they will lub me or allow me...
even though I haven't converted to Utahism?

TisforTonya said...

I still have that storymakers invite sitting in my inbox... tempting me... but going as a critic seems wrong somehow - maybe I should sit and write something again? or not, maybe I will just be happy sending on the baby blankets I've got done - and maybe I'll even make a few more? (no crocheting for me, thanks anyway!)

katie said...

such a great idea!!! too bad that i will be gone as well....

:(

good luck with your entry!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Just popping by to visit. I'm hoping to make it to the Baby Shower too. Just found out my husband and DS11 will be camping that weekend, so the odds are pretty good.