Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

That Darn Romance

My daughter got asked to Prom. Not in the regular knock-and-run manner, but in the unusual knock-and-find-a-little-boy-dressed-in-a-suit-holding-a-rose manner.


"When I grow up will you go to Prom with me?" he asked my daughter.


I wasn't home at the time, but she called me instantly. "Mom, I got asked to PROM!!!!"


"Hooray!" I said. "By who?"


"Some little boy."


It gave me pause, but hey, I'm not picky. I just want my daughter to be loved.


After we got off the phone, she jumped into the shower. Just then another knock came at the door. The little boy was now a big boy, and he stood on our porch like Prince charming, with a dozen red roses in hand.


"Looks like your prom date grew up," called my son through the bathroom door.


Like I said before, I wasn't there, but I imagine she looked a little something like this when she said yes:




That darn romance will catch you off guard every time.

Photobucket

P.S. There are still five days left to win one of the three free Tell Me Who I Am books. Click here to enter.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a very cute idea. My son asked his date to prom with a note that said "I'm Dying to go to Prom with you". It was an Easter basket with egg dye and five hard boiled eggs with his name written in white crayon. She had to dye the eggs to see who was asking her.

Do NOT ask me where he got that creativity...

charrette said...

Our daughter got asked this week too! Starting with a single rose! And a boombox and a series of giant cue cards. I think she posted it on Facebook. (Because, yes, her dad videoed the whole thing!) Currently scheming a creative way to answer back.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ahhh, that is so cute!!!

Unknown said...

My girls never got asked to prom. It makes me sad for them sometimes.