Well, I'm doing it. Confronting my past, that is.
I'm unpacking the last of the boxes from the move . . . 18 months ago.
It all started because I've been reading this book about grief, which says that grief is work. If you don't work through it, you don't move through it.
Allow me to offer up a sampling:
- A BBQ scrubber
- A 20" universal inner tube
- A paper fan from China
- My Hawaii public library card
- My hub's passport and resume. (Not sure why they were together, but like I said, soooooo over my abandonment issues.)
- Three pair of sunglasses
- An unopened wedding announcement for Jonathan Marler. (Sorry Jonathan.)
- A reminder, dated 12/8/08, to deposit more lunch money into my twins account at Laie Elementary school.
- A print from the Peggy Chun Gallery in Honolulu of two cows snuggling in a rowboat by the light of the full moon.
- A thank you note from Iwa after I did a skit at the Relief Society birthday party.
- A parking permit from the Maui Beach Vacation Club, valid until 12/20/08.
- A piece of the BYU Marriott Center floor in honor of my hub. (Cept his name is spelled wrong.)
- A print out pic of my favorite hair style, which I showed my vietnamese hairdresser every time I got my hair cut.
- Ticket stubs from our last PCC night show dated 8/12/2009.
- My last phone bill for $64.00 from Hawaiian Tel. (For the phone number 293-7546.)
- Annette Lyon's Tower of Strength.
- My white Nike baseball cap. (Remember that Martha?)
- A Kahuku High School promotional DVD.
- The nine of hearts from a deck of Yankees playing cards.
- A ticket stub from a Cubworld concert on May 28, 2008.
- A piece of a broken window louver . . .
You wanna see him sang in real life? (Okay, but if your name is my darling daughter, look away, for I know how much you loathe kissing.)
Is it just me, or is anyone else suddenly in the mood for lub?
Grieving Shmieving! That's what I always say. (After I watch Chuck and Sarah kissing.)