Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Terrorism 101: Physics for Dummies

Who likes drudging up painful memories?

So let's not drudge them up. Let's talk psychology or philosophy instead. Let's talk physics. How about Newton's third law? To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Cause and effect.

After 9-11 I cringed and ducked every time I saw a low flying plane, I fixated on taking photos of flags, and I bought flour and sugar by the truckload and sealed it up in mylar bags.

I went to candle-light vigils, tossed coins into fountains and prayers out to the universe. I even started listening to country music.

Funny what you do when you don't know what to do.

Even my daughter, who was only six years old, went from drawing pictures like this . . .

To pictures like this.



But then this is Physics for Dummies because you all know exactly what I'm talking about.

Moment of silence. . .

No comments: