Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My top three frenemies

Can I be frank?


For just a moment?


Dummy Boot Camp ROCKS! I don't know why I didn't get down to bizness with the Universe earlier, because you know what? The Universe has a big mouth. And the Universe is well connected. It can hook. you. up.


If you ask it. Nicely.


Imma witness. Just sayin'.


Okay, so before my boot camp started I told you I was going on a bear hunt, right? Gonna catch a big one, and all that jazz. And then I designed a 20-4-7 routine to help me prepare myself to find and catch those bears that are in my way and keeping me from scaling the big wall in front of me.


Then yesterday I gave a cryptic, coded, enigmatic, shrouded clue about the first bear that I found on my journey. But Martha didn't get it, so I'm just going to spell it out.


The first bear was my hub.


I KNOW! I couldn't believe it either. Why would my hub stand in my way?


But then I looked closer and I saw that it wasn't my hub at all, it was . . . gulp (me).


GASP!


I am standing in my own way, peeps!


I can't believe I would do that to myself! And then blame my hub.


Shame on me, huh?


So now I'm mustering up the courage to have a little heart to heart with my top three frenemies. Me, myself and I.


In the meantime, I've received a few insights during my early morning boot camp hours:

  • You don't need 30 days to prepare yourself for scaling the wall. And it doesn't take a month to find your bears neither. You ask. You receive. And then you do. It's that simple. The Universe if very prompt. If you're tuned in. The questions don't have to be difficult either. Where are the bears? Who are the bears? How can I get over this wall? Show me the door? The ladder? The secret passage? And, p.s., while you're at it, would you mind walking with me around the dark side so they don't beat me up? And p.s.s Can I borrow some money? (hee hee) Once you receive the answer, there is nothing left to do, but to do. Do, or do not, there is no try. (Someone should quote me on that.) Just DO IT! (Seriously, is someone writing this stuff down?) In summary, you can only ponder for so long before you have to put your shoulder to the wheel and push a long. (There I go again!)

  • The bears are always in disguise, either as your hub or your kids or your job or your calling or your weight or your parents or your frizzy, dry hair, but when you unzip the bear suit, the bear will always be . . . gulp (you). (Bless your heart.)
  • Through small and simple things on a daily basis--20 minutes of yoga, 4 minutes of conversations with the Universe, 7 minutes of reading conversations with the Universe, 20 minutes of aerobic exercise, 4 vitamins, 7 glasses of water--shall great things come to pass--great conversations, great friends, great ideas, great opportunities, great accomplishments, great hair.

You're welcome!

7 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

O great wise one...you, yourself and you!
Thank you so much for unlocking all the secrets and scaring away the bears.

Kazzy said...

I get in my own way constantly.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

O be wise, what can I say more?

Well done, girl.

Stephen said...

Insightful,philosophic,and wise. Great post!

Martha said...

What? You are the bear? This is way too complicated. I think you are thinking this out too much. You must have too much time driving in the car picking up kids to think.

I loved NHC comment because I use that one too. The one I use more is "Must ye be commanded in all things?"

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Martha, ha ha ha No, it's not that complicated. I let other people get in my way. You can not relate to that because if someone tries to get in your way you either trip them or smack them in the chest with a tennis ball. hee hee hee I've always admired you for that. ;)

Heidi said...

When you think about it, our being the only one in our way is a good thing since we are the only things we can change.