Just returned from Youth Conference in Manti where I learned a few surprising truths:
- I can only take so much Michael Buble' while driving through Southern Utah. And yet, I prefer him to The Beatles. Weird, I know, but I think the Beatles must have been smokin' something when they wrote all those songs about strawberries.
- Pillows and bath towels are the spice of life. Unless you forget to bring them to Youth Conference. In which case duffel bags and clean, dry undershirts are a nice substitute spice of life.
- The Manti Pageant has one (or two) too many pioneer scenes. Just sayin'
- Creeper is the new stalker when it comes to word of choice among modern American teenagers in Utah (MATU).
- My daughter is from Venus and I am from Mars.
- My daughter rolls her eyes at Martians. Even the ones who suffer extreme agony for 18 hours in order to hatch her.
- Martians are people too.
- MATU boys dig Justin Bieber as much as girls. Only they call him JB when they bust a move to his pimped out songs. (Not paraphrasing here.)
- JB was right. You should never say never. You don't know when you might run into a kid from your old hood in Hawaii at Youth Conference, who may or may not have participated in a game of kissing tag with your daughter when she was 7 years old, and who was perpetually and consistently a head shorter than she.
But look who's towering over her now!
p.s. Here's a riddle for you: What's the difference between a Martian and a Venusian? A Martian would never roll her eyes at her mother for publicly mentioning a game of early childhood kissing tag.
p.s. Speaking of kissing tag, I'm still waiting for my Adrien Brody kiss.