Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Panic Button

Have you ever wondered what would happen if your car alarm went off and the panic button on your key chain remote didn't work? No matter how many times you pressed it? Over and over and over again in the parking lot of South Town Expo during the Big Mountain Jam?


Me neither, but I have some answers for you anyway.


First of all, it's really loud. And obnoxious. And loud.


Did I mention loud?


And it doesn't help to jump in the car and put your keys in the ignition. The alarm will not recognize it's rightful owner and will continue to blare. Over and over! LOUDLY!


Starting your car and zooming away won't help either. When you're tooting your own horn you will never be able to get far enough away from yourself or from all the cool dude basketball players strutting around in the parking lot.


On the upside, you will feel kinda like a super model. Never in your life will you turn so many heads. Every cool dude in the parking lot will be staring right at you. And smiling.


Only they won't be smiling with you, they'll be smiling at you.


Think about it. When was the last time you've seen a car screaming for help with it's rightful owner at the wheel?


Don't call your hub at work, because he can't help. And neither can the security guard who chases you through the parking lot screaming to hit the panic button. Like you hadn't already thought of that.


Alls you can do is wait it out, peeps. Car alarms actually stop on their own after a good five minutes of public humiliation. And I should know because it happened to me three times today


I KID NOT!


(For the record, the public humiliation is more intense when your twins and their teammates are in the car.)



10 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha! I love that I'm not the only one that can humiliate herself. But then, what are blogs for but to announce it to the whole world.

Becca said...

So the humiliation may be greater with a car full of kids and friends, but at least then YOU can laugh at THEM - share the horror a little, right? (Someone has to be cringing beneath the window sight-lines, so why not let it be them?)

Sandi said...

ha ha I can imagine the humiliation- I love it :)

Jillybean said...

3 times?

Yikes!

robin said...

That is TERRIBLE!!! And I bet those 5 minutes felt much, much, longer!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I have been on vacation and oh how I have missed you and your madcap life.

wendy said...

3 times???!!!!
I didn't even KNOW there was a panic button.
I think this would have been pretty funny...yeah, sorry I am smiling AT you, not with you (tee,hee)

Martha said...

I met Sandi. She came to our ward.

The Songer said...

haha! Thanks for the lmages and the laughs.. i totally would of put a ski mask on drove around....

But wait.. Did the cops not stop you? .. maybe the next time you want to speed you should accidentally turn on your alarm.. and see what they do! I bet they'd totally ignore you! haha!

Unknown said...

Snort.

I'm sorry, laughing with you dear, with you :)