Here I sit with two tears sliding down my cheeks. One on either side of my face, which means one from each eyeball.
They are silent tears, these two, and my face hasn't even moved a muscle. Mostly because I'm watching the Jazz play the Lakers, and for goodness sakes, there's no crying in basketball--at least not in front of my hub and my little cubs.
Technically I'm not crying, I'm sweating. Around the eyeball area. But not because the Jazz are losing, because I just received an email from a friend who had a dream about me.
It's not the first email I've received this week from a friend who had a dream about me. It's the second.
Both dreams were about the same thing and both emails contained specific embedded coded ancient Chinese secrets that neither of my friends could have been privy to.
Only me and the Universe were privy to these secrets.
You know what that means, don't you?
The Universe has been talking behind my back.
Mahalo Mr. Universe!
I feel like the luckiest dummy in the world, and not just because I'm on the tip the Universe's tongue in conversation. There are a million other reasons why.
In order to show my appreciation, I have compiled a list of the top ten things for which I want to stand on tiptoe and hug and kiss the Universe:
1. Macey's now sells seaweed wraps!
2. We have our first Magic Quilt recipient. Click here for details.
3. My daughter gave her 3rd Mother's Day talk in a row, (probably because she hasn't yet learned to make me look good in public.) I predict she'll be speaking again next year because she shared the story about the time I took the family to study nude beaches in Maui, leaving her home alone for a week when she was only 14 years old. (At least that's how she told it over the pulpit. She's definitely a Crash Test Dummy, Jr.)
4. For the first time in 20 years, I got to spend Mother's Day with my cutie patootie mom.
5. AND my stinkin' cute Gigi.
8. Brandon Sanderson sat next to me at church. And my 13 year old nephew recognized him. And now I'm his favorite aunt!
10. Did I mention that we have a new puppy?
And did I mention that she's the most perfect puppy in the history of the world!!!?
Today my hub came home from work and gave her a kiss on the mouth. That's how good she is!
She's so chillaxed. And gentle. And she sparks all kinds of new vocabulary in our household. Words we've never said before, like "Ohhowcute," and "she'ssodarnadorablefunnyprecious" come spontaneously tumbling from our mouths.
Get this: she goes to her kennel and puts herself to bed at night and down for naps during the day, and she doesn't do her bizness in the house, or bark during the night, or whine, or jump up on company, or lick our faces, or leave the yard, or go upstairs, or jump on the couch.