Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Quick Fix

I'm in Panguitch again! Gotsta get me another philly cheesesteak on pita bread for the ride home. 

I woulda blogged while I was on my blog across southern Utah tour, but there's no wireless in Mt. Carmel. I woulda called too, but there's no cell phone service either. 

Peeps, can I just say my trip to reconcile my painful past was perfect.  I'm all reconciled out and I can hardly wait to tell you/show you all the ironicities of my life. The most poignant being that my great great grandmother Mary Ellen, who first lived in that hundred year old house in which I was reconciling myself silly, poked her eye out chopping wood. 

What are the chances? Huh? huh? huh? 

I mean, fer reals, she must roll over in her grave every time I blog about poking someone's eye out. 

Another ironicity: My great great grandfather Thomas loved to do the Irish Jig.  He and my hub would've gotten along swimmingly! I wonder if he could air guitar simultaneously.

I have MUCH to tell, but my battery is about to die so gotsta go. 


TTFN.  



P.S. I just ordered my philly cheesesteak. The Subway girl still has her hickey, but she claims she don't have no pita bread.


I had to put her in a strangle hold until she admitted they have pita bread. 


At least I didn't poke her eye out. 



6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My husband was at a family reunion this summer, in Mt. Carmel. No cell phone service, and their hotel didn't even have actual telephones in the rooms! I almost sent the Sherrif out when I didn't hear from him.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

HAHAHA But the Sherrif is a dummy. Literally. I have photographic evidence. He sits right outside my grandmas house.

I MUST be related to your hub. DO TELL.

TisforTonya said...

we drove through a couple of those dummy patrolled towns this weekend on our round trip to Bryce Canyon (we took a very scenic route) and ManOfTheHouse didn't want to stop to let me take a pic of the dummy in the police car... obviously he is not uber supportive of my blog addiction!

Unknown said...

Mount Carmel is where Elijah killed 850 priests of Baal. But I think it was the other one.

What? A gal can't do a little Biblical educating over here?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

DeNae.......don't try and educmacate on a Dummy's site. It's like tossing pearls before wine or swine or something like that.

Crash, I'm surprised that you are all upset about no Pita bread. Seriously. They don't have cell phone or internet service. How do you expect them to have Pita?
Hmmmmmm?
HA! My verification word:
upest

That's what you must be at hickey girl.

Braden Bell said...

LOL tossing pearls before wine. Hilarious.

I can't wait to hear about more of the ironicity of your life, Crash!