Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Drumroll Please . . .

Yesterday morning we filed into the Cole Field House at the University of Maryland. This is what we saw.





I immediately choked up.   This was the culminating moment after months and months and months of History Day.   All the long hours my kids have exerted into researching and planning and practicing and preparing were being celebrated as they paraded around with all the other state winners. 

After two hours of awards the moment finally arrived. Junior group performance.

My stomach did a belly flop. They announced 3rd place.

Then they announced 2nd place. All I heard was "And from HON . . . " and then screams behind me and above me and all around me.

The next thing I knew my son and his two best friends were running down to the stage. And I was running after them with my camera.




They won 2nd place in the nation!!!! 

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

It was amazing.

And to make it even more sweet, my daughter got her judging sheets back.  She came in 3rd place in her room (Each state sends two performances and then divides them into seven rooms for the first round of judging.  Then they pick the top two performances).   

THIRD PLACE in her room!  She was this close!  

Her group got all superior marks and two of the judges wrote them letters on the back of the judging sheets telling them how hard the decision was and how close they were and how proud they should be of their project.  

So we are all crazy happy happy happy! 

And crazy tired tired tired!

24 comments:

Barbaloot said...

That's awesome!! Good for your kids!! And good for you and all the other parents that supported/helped out!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

wow!!! That is totally awesomely radically wicked!! Congrats to all of you!

Just SO said...

Your kids are awesome!!! I bet they are thrilled! Way to go crash kiddo's!!

I am LoW said...

That's awesome!! Crash's kids are no dummies.

Smart Helm said...

Congratulations! That really is awesome.

I'm sure it was all that ironing.

Randi said...

Congrats to ALL of you! That really is amazing. And all that ironing paid off, as it always does.
;)

Melanie Jacobson said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! That's incredible! Yay for them! Whoo hoo!

TisforTonya said...

the Dummy family scores BIG - way to go guys!!!! (and now it's time to relaX for a day or two right?)

Sandi said...

Dats da bomdiggity!

Martha said...

That's so great. They all worked so hard, they deserved it!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hooray! That is wonderful. When does the tar and feathering of the teacher begin?

Unknown said...

YAY!! Congratulations to both groups!! Whoo hoo!!

Mariko said...

THEY worked so hard and did SO awesome, but I must say...

What an amazing mother they have!

But enough celebrating you.
You guys are so cool. I'm cool just for associating with you. I'm very happy with my associated fame.

I'm also glad you recreated the anticipation of the announcement! I was on the edge of my seat, my heart in my throat.
(Whatever that means)

Amber Lynae said...

That is so awesome. Their talent and your good mothering is shining brillant. Congrats.

MakingChanges said...

SWEET!

The Songer said...

I saw your twins yesterday and thought about you guys in washington and knew that the kids would do awesome!

Yay for supportive parents and teachers!

Yay for over achieving students!

Yay for all the endless hours of hard ward work!

Unknown said...

Aaahhh...those parenting payoff moments. What a neat time you're having with your kids. I'm proud of them and I don't even KNOW them!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Yes it is nice we can all share in the glory just in case we have normal run of the mill kids.

LBBlum said...

Crash- I'm sorry that your not too disappointed that your kids didn't turn out to be dummies. Having smarties sure seems like more fun!

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!

Cranberryfries said...

Congrats to your kids and you. How awesome.

Rockstar said...

Way to go!

April said...

That is WICKED awesome! Never doubt what an awesome mom you are to your kids!!!

Kritta22 said...

You raised up some good dummies! Nice work!

Hey I worked on the Magic Quilt... do you want me to send you an email or you wanna add me so I can post. Either Way...I got pictures!

Stephen said...

That is so awesome. Congrats!