Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Famous People Post

To my commenters:

LOL to T, who thinks she is the last Wicked virgin.  I think that's the best oxymoron ever! Someone should send her a box of Caramacs.

To April, who asked how Wicked was on Broadway.  It really wasn't all that, April (WICKED AWESOME!) You didn't miss much. (WICKED COOL!) And it's expensive (BUT WICKED WORTH IT!)  If you've seen Wicked on Broadway once, you've seen it a hundred times (BUT YOU COULD SEE IT A HUNDRED MORE). It's totally over-rated (BUT IT WILL MAKE YOU THINK AND FEEL AND MARVEL). 

Can I just add that Shrek the Musical is WICKED AWESOME TOO!  The set is so creative and dynamic.  The characters are so spot-on funny.  The new lines and songs are so fantastic. 

 There was one song that made me laugh myself silly,  I cried too (out of compassion). Twice.  

To the rest of you who are giving me stink eye in my comment box, GET OVER IT!  

I mean, I am sorry that my trip to NYC is making you green with envy because if I've learned anything at all since I've been on Broadway it's that it's not easy being green. 

But if you were turning green yesterday, then my post today will make you positively chartreuse.  

If you are fourteen years old or younger, look away.  If you love The Office or the top of Fergie's head or the double decker bus brochure or naked cowboys, LOOK AWAY!  NOW!  

Famous people ahead.  You've been warned. 


Here I am with the double decker bus guy. It's his face you will see on the double decker bus tour brochure. Every year millions of tourists have this brochure thrust in their faces in Times Square by annoying double decker bus drivers. 


And here's the Naked Cowboy.  Every year millions of tourists have this cowboy's arse thrust in their faces in Times Square.

And about the Black Eyed Peas . . . I slept in.  Instead of waking up at 4:30 a.m., I awoke at 6:00 a.m. so this was our view.  


If you look closely you can see the top of Fergie's head. She looks like a ring on that guy with that view finder's finger.


Now look closely and you can see all the Black Eyed Peas jumping up and down and saying they had a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night. And they were right. It was a good night. I took a 3 hour nap while my hub took the kids to a Yankee game.

Okay, now look closely. Who do you think this is?


That's right all you Office fans. It's Jim.



This is what Jim looks like when you're running towards him and screaming OMGOSH!!!! I LOVE YOU JIM!!!!!

You don't believe me?


It really was him. And he's suuuuuper cute in 3-D.

Okay, here's a riddle for you. What photos could I post that would make your 14 year old daughters hate me but my 14 year old daughter love me (because I got up at 4:30 and stood in line in the 60 degree rain trying to get into Regis and Kelly?)


Nope, not Regis walking to work with his security guard carrying his briefcase.





Nope, not Regis and Kelly.


Nope, not Gelman.



Nope, not Denzel.



That's right. The freakin' Jonas Brothers!!!!


Wait! Is one of those Jonas boys checking me out?





I have about a hundred more of these photos if anyone wants to buy some from me. I'm pretty sure Kristina P. will get in on it.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, i'm first, looks like i don't have anything else to do. haha. thats cool that you have such an amazing time in New York.

The Songer said...

I love the freakin jonas brothers! I bet T loves you for that! what a cool mom!

Sorry I didnt get up early to see fergie or you on the today show... but i love the picture of Jim! haha! and I HEART HEART HEART the office!

You should have tripped Regis! I would totally pay for a picture of that! haha!

The Songer said...

I love naked cowboy!

His back side is making me giggle ... also thinking about the cold weather and the shrinkage factor... Im sure that was his better side!

Unknown said...

Regis and Kelly! Oh I love them! Though I liked Kelly when she was on All My Children better.

Jonas brothers? Sorry who? (jk I do know who they are just don't care) I bet your daughter gives you lots of luv from now on (and helps with housework and brings you your tea and makes dinner...!) You can dream right?

Looks like an awesome trip!

TisforTonya said...

thanks for chasing Jim - makes me feel like I was there myself.

For the record - my 14 year old has a serious dislike for the JB... of course, he's a boy... and I think he's just jealous that 14 year old girls are drooling over them and not him...

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Oh my...I am green with envy. what a fanfreakintastic trip you are having.

Kristina P. said...

How is it that I've been to NYC 5-6 times, and have only seen one of the guys from The Sopranos?

Oh, I did go to Conan once, and went to The Daily Show.

I'm going again in July. I'm hoping to go to The People's Court.

Sandi said...

That Jonas boy was totally checking you out! How come the naked cowboy really isn't nekkid? YOU SAW JIM!!!!! WOW. I am trying to repent and not be jealous. I don't think it's working.
I was watching the today show yesterday, wondering if I would see your lovely self boogying down with the black eyed peas- but I think sleeping in was more important!

Sandi said...

p.s. Denzel too! *sigh*
And check out Kelly's arms. Now I really am green.

Sandi said...

p.s. again. T, fellow wicked virgin here :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Oh my helk!!! No freakin way! You got to sleep in til 6:00. And you got your picture taken with the double decker bus guy? Wow.

Iwa's comment about shrinkage totally made me think of George on Seinfeld. And only you could find partial public nudity somewhere else besides Hawaii. he he he

How fun to go to Regis and Kelly. I am so proud of you and your stalking skills. You are really racking up great pictures. I personally like the Jonas brothers which is good since I have a daughter who adores them. Way to go girl. Keep painting the town with code red. I love it.

I am LoW said...

Forget the brothers, YOU SAW DENZEL!!!!!!!

He's got the sexiest mouth in Hollywood!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!

Unknown said...

Mmmm...I love me some Denzel. And now I remain the last "Wicked" virgin. I have a student who is in the 5th grade who has seen it FOUR times! I hate that student.

Sounds like you're having SO MUCH FUN! My husband just got back from NYC. I haven't seen any pix of you yet, but we haven't finihsed downloading everything.

Smart Helm said...

Wow! WOW! WOW!

OK, that's for Denzel and Jim, not the Jonas brothers. FYI.

I totally saw that situation with Jim on TMZ! Not that I watch TMZ of course, I was just flipping by :-)

Mariko said...

Yeah, not so into the Jonas Brothers, but
DENZEL!
JIM!!

I am not going to get over this green stuff. I lived in NYC for 2 months and didn't get this much action.
I even stood in line for Conan THREE times, and once the tickets ended the person before me.
And then LAST time, I got tickets ahead of time, and they were having the writers' strike.
And now he's in LA. What the helk?!

Anywho. I'm glad you're documenting everything at least. I'd rather see a blurry picture of Jim than none at all.

MakingChanges said...

My 7 year old is drooling. I had to put a bib on her just to make it through the pics.

I feel dirty after seeing the naked cowboy. Gonna go take a shower now.

Anjeny said...

Ok, I know I live on rock but why do I feel like I'm actually living under THAT rock? I have no clue who Jim is, I know Crash, you've banned me a thousand times from your blog already because of Jack Johnson...and now Jim...sorry.

Jen's not going to be happy when she finds out the Jonas Brothers were in NYC at the same time she was and she didn't get to see them..bummer.

Now DENZEL...I sooooo ♥ him!!

Thanks for taking us on this trip with you, virtually speaking.

April said...

You are the BEST mom EVER!!! She will probably never wash her eyes again....not after gazing on them.

Now for me...Denzel and Jim! WOWZA!!! You are having quite the sightings!!! I am totally impressed.

THAT'S IT!!! I'm planning a trip to NYC!!!

Sher said...

I'm officially JEALOUS! And my 14 year old daughter doesn't hate you, since I don't have one, but my 7 year old daughter does. Just saying!
I love Jim.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL... okay I almost LOST my lunch or dinner or whatever when I saw those pictures of JIM from the OFFICE!

Seriously... breathe... big deep breaths... I can't even think of something witty to say to the rest of your post... OH THAT WAS SO FUNNY!

And my daughter now thinks you walk on water because you have excellent pics of the Jonas Brothers... remember she is only 4... no 14

I'm so glad you are having a good time in NYC... we go in JULY!

Oh did you know that SYTYCD did a CRASH TEST DUMMY dance??? YOu were TOTALLY on SYTYCD or it was a cousin? Since you were in NYC?

Oh and ya know Pioneer Woman already did the NYC thing? but she didn't see SHREK the musical, so you TOTALLY one upped her there! lol

Cajoh said...

Funny how when I went to LA hoping that I would see someone famous, we only saw one of the guys from Gossip Girls. I didn't even know who he was (Still don't remember who) until my niece pointed him out to us. I did manage to take a picture and posted it on my facebook page to which my niece taged it as herself. LOL