Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

That's My Boy!

Two weeks, peeps!

Two weeks since I've laid eyes upon my twelve year old son--since I've wrapped my arms around him--since I've threatened to use the spatula on him if he doesn't stop teasing his brothers.

That's 14 days!

That's 336 hours since my hub took him to San Diego for a conference and then dropped him in Utah to attend a basketball camp.


TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL HE RETURNS TO ME!


But who's counting? I miss him like I miss a hole in my head.


(You'd be surprised how much you can miss a hole in your head.)


It's just that we have so many memories of him.  

And the thing about remembering is that you don't forget.  

It feels like just yesterday we were at his final band concert and I was saying to my hub That's my boy!


He was the only trombone player who could hit the notes correctly. I felt so sorry for all the other boys who looked like they were playing a completely different song. And my boy doesn't even have to practice. Not to brag or anything, but seriously, I've never heard him play any of those songs before.


My silly goose SIL keeps teasing me because I call him every day. 

But I did the same thing when that hole in my head went on vacation.  I'm just co-dependent like that.

And FYI, FTR, BTW, I miss all of you like I miss that hole in my head too.  My apologies for not making my way around the blog block this past week.  My hub and I have been playing Sponge Mom Square Dad.  

You know how when your kids have projects, deadlines, demands and STRESS you have to Soak! It! Up! Not to mention, Suck! It! Up! 

(which is tricky when you're already full of it.)  

I'll come do my visiting teaching this weekend, okay.   Pinky promise!  No crossies!

14 comments:

April said...

shut up..I'm first?

April said...

YES!!!

April said...

Sorry you miss your son like a hole in the head....just keep the hole wrapped up so it doesn't get infected. That would really hurt! Will you do my visiting teaching for me? You would love my ladies...they are awesome!

April said...

Seriously....where is everyone? I feel like Kritta. Love you Kritta! :)

wv...kirds....(kids) said with an eastern accent...you can't live with them, you can't live without them cause you'll get a hole in the head

Mariko said...

And I'm 2nd! Technically.
April is only 1 person, the last time I checked.

I promise, the second school is over (on TUESDAY!) I will be back to my old self. Right now I am my crazy working doing only crappy stuff self.
Kristina P came to check on me, which is why she's not here.

I'm glad to have been part of that deadline/project/demand stuff.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

April, you lucky duck, you are an empty nester now. No more kids in school and stuff to stress over and suck up. So you have oodles of time to just hang out here and be first.

Way to go. Congrats on being first.

Crash I don't think you are the only one doing the sponge bob impersonation, but one question do you have to wear the whitey tighties to do the impression properly? Just one of the those things that makes you go hmmm?

MakingChanges said...

Oh, I've totally missed you! I haven't been around lately. Trying to maybe pay a little attention to the offspring this week. I already need a break from them. Is that bad? I have a fabulous topic for today's NPSA meeting, which I will be posting later. Stop on by.

Barbaloot said...

Did he do the BYU basketball camp? My brother totally runs those! And if he did---you should have told me! I could have made him a spam and whatever-else-you-put-with-it sandwich in case he got homesick!

Homer and Queen said...

Hang on honey! He will be there soon, then you'll be sick of him again!!!

April! Were you nekked when you commented? Just askin...

also known as shell said...

coming from Melanie J's blog. she recommended you. so I thought I'd come over and visit!

I am LoW said...

Me thinks your boys look an awful lot like you Crash!!

Unknown said...

Perversely, I'm happy to know I wasn't the only one being neglected. I have an incredibly fragile ego, and when I'm left with nothing more to do than parent my children and keep my house, well, that just doesn't work for me. So good to hear that it's not me, it's you.

And your kids are so freaking cute. Have I said that enough that you feel it necessary to warn them about anyone introducing themselves as "DeNae Your Mom's Bloggy Friend" and luring them into her rental car with Spam?

Hey, BTW, thanks for your kind words over at Melanie J's place. I love this blog community!

And I don't think you're crazy at all, although I never did find the original post about that red thread...

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

The hole in my head is still missing... I've lost it! And that's the worst!

Glad your boy is coming home for you to wrap your arms around!

Oh... and it's okay about not visiting... you are like one of those friends you can be away from for a while and STILL feel like they never left once they come back because you are THAT cool!

LBBlum said...

AW... that is too cute!
Hey CRASH- I am too lazy to get off the computer and knock on your door-

so I am letting you know bookclubs4boys.com is hosting an on-line book club this summer if your boys are interested... the publisher is giving away 5 books.. if you win.. you wouldn't even have to buy a copy!!!