Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Heaven Help Us!

My hub has discovered YouTube!

It happened totally by accident after my daughter hit replay for the 3rd time on Imma Star by Jeremih.

"Enough of this rap n' crap!" declared my hub.

My daughter pushed replay one more time and my hub asked a pivotal question. "How did you do that?"

So she showed him.

He's a quick learner when he wants to be. He immediately switched the rap n' crap to Queen Bicycle and then to Van Halen Jump where he broke out into his air guitar. He does this every six or seven years--just goes crazy--lets loose like it's 1989--and you don't even see it coming, which means there is no time to grab your Depends. And believe me, those Depends come in handy because he doesn't just do a mean air guitar, he can also River Dance simultaneously.

You have to be there.

Seriously! You do. There are no words to describe the hilarity. Let's just say he's so gifted that when he was in college his basketball team named a dance after him--called it the Al Bundy--which they peer pressured him into doing in front of the whole student body during Midnight Madness.

So after Jump it was on to Tommy Pin Ball Wizard and then Boston and then, just when I thought it was all out of his system, and just when the house was dozing off, Eddie Van Halen's Eruption guitar solo ripped through the hallways and down the stairs and around every corner of the house. All ten minutes and fifty three seconds of it.

That's one screamin' guitar solo.

Thankfully, I can scream louder.



P.S My Twhylight review is in media res and will be published on the morrow.



Btw, writing about Twhylight is as difficult as writing about politics and religion and (s.e.x.)

Maybe I'll just bear my testimony that I know it's true, promise to vote for it in the next election, then advise all the youngsters to abstain.




20 comments:

Amber Lynae said...

I would have loved to see your hub discover you tube. LOL. Your description had me laughing. I sure in person would have been hilarious.

Martha said...

Where was your video camera??? Dang, I would've liked to see that. He is such a crack up when he dances and goes crazy.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

YOU. HAVE. TO. VIDEO. HIM!!!!
Seriously.
Air-guitar-riverdance......I must see!
Pretty please.

Jillybean said...

Please video your husband then post it on YouTube for our viewing pleasure.

Jillybean said...

Seriously! The video could go viral and you would be all famous because you're the wife of that guy riverdancing to Van Halen on YouTube and you could get to be on Live with Regis and Kelly!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Yes that would be awesome to see you on Live. Did you guys then stay recommending things for him to watch? Like Revolution of Dance. Can you still see that one. It is a classic. No denying there is some good edumacation to be had on You tube. It also comes in handy for showing those young folk things that happened before they were borned.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Dang I forgot to log in before making my witty and wise comment.

Sandi said...

Now I am all a flutter just imagining someone air guitaring/river dancing! seriously it's like the most intriguing thing I've ever heard of! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be trying it tonight when everyone's in bed. Thanks for the tips on the best songs to do it to.....I can't wait!

Sandi said...

Oh my - I'm a little nervous about your review. I cannot bear the thought that they may have converted you. It's a cult I tell you!!!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

hahahaha

No worries, Sandi

The Crash Test Dummy said...

My hub says NO WAY jOSE! He doesn't want to be caught on tape for your viewing pleasure.

Such a killjoy!

Jillybean said...

You're supposed to HIDE the camera!

Mariko said...

You should put him on you tube discovering you tube.
Like an M C Escher painting.

CB said...

That sounds stinkin' hilarious!!! With all that talent he definately should have his very own you tube! You may have to plant a hidden camera - for posterities sake...of course (wink)!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Okay, I'm going to use this as an excuse to buy an iflip camera, for posterity's sake, of course. (wink)

But it will be another 6 or 7 years before he let's loose again.

April said...

Your hubby is quite the character! Hide the camera and photograph him without his knowledge. What he doesn't know won't hurt him right? muwahahaha! By the sounds of it, I'm thinking that my son and your hubby may have taken air guitar lessons from the same teacher.

The wv says to use a podswat...that is a pod of swat to video tape your hubby. Just sayin'!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

My dad discovered youtube a couple of years ago. The man can not to turn on the radio without help, e-mailing kills him. But youtube is his best friend. I have caught him up at 1 am watching old music video's of bands he lubbed!
So, way to go Alan for finally discovering youtube. I would also like to to see the air guitar and riverdance.

P.S. I live in St. George- (actually Santa Clara)
My parents moved to a different house in H.O. they live in the Windrush cottage (truly it is named that) It really looks like a english cottage, pretty much right down the big hill. Go visit them!

Braden Bell said...

Party like it's 1989 indeed. That was really living back then. The best thing that ever happened to me is that YouTube is blocked at work and our home computer and dial up are too slow. That has kept me a productive citizen. LOL Twilight

Tiffany said...

We so need a video of "The Al Bundy" dance.

Cranberryfries said...

Hey chica! Haven't stopped in for a while and just wanted to say hi and you're just as cute and funny as always!