Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pinch me

 
I didn't blog today because I had a tummy ache.  

I never have tummy aches.  

Ever.  

I think it's all those Cap'n Crunch Berries. 

My hub says maybe it's stress.  

"Whateva," I told him. "What do I have to be stressed about? It's not like anything life altering has happened to me lately."  

I also didn't blog today because I had a crazy dream last night where I was rushing around packing and cleaning because I was moving.   To Utah.  It was the kind of dream that feels so real that when you wake up your pillow is wet and your eyes are sweaty.    

It was also the kind of dream where you wake up . . . but you don't . . .  you only think you did. You know the kind where somewhere in the back of your mind you know you're asleep and if you concentrate hard enough you know you'll be able to wake yourself up. 

In the dream my kids were getting ready for school, only it wasn't their school it was some school in Utah.  And my hub was there trying read scriptures to us, only it wasn't my hub because my hub never tries to read scriptures to us.  And I was making spaghetti with  a wire whisk because I didn't have a spatula.  And then my daughter said it tasted like POOH! She never says my spaghetti tastes like POOH!  

In my dream I kept looking around and saying This is not my life!  What happened to my life?

And then my next door neighbor Martha called and said she had ordered me some more magic pants from Kohls.com.  

I took a deep breath and thought THIS is my life.  All is well.

Mahalo for pinching me awake, Martha.  Maybe I'll be able to blog tomorrow.  

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Tummy aches are stupid.

Barbaloot said...

Ah-I hate the dreams within dreams! But it must've been kind of good since it was a dream about Utah:)

Chief said...

I'm sad that you didn't blog today...I can't wait to see what you have to say tomorrow. That is, if you blog.

Skeet said...

It took me a month to get over Hawaii when I visited you. I imagine it's gonna take some time...and maybe a spatula...and a couch. LY

Martha said...

I still think your moving is a dream. Maybe you didn't move, you just went on vacation to Utah and are coming back soon.

Maybe Al won't like his job or Doc N. will offer him tons more money to come back and you can just turn that shipping container around in mid sea.

Maybe it's time we woke up.

Martha said...

I hope your new magic pants fit and look super hot so when you forget to put your face on, no one will notice because they will be checking out the magic pants.

I didn't know what color to get so I just got them all. So they better fit and if they don't, then you will have to make them fit.

MakingChanges said...

For not blogging today I read all of your non-words and I am sorry you are not feeling well. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Jillybean said...

I've heard that magic pants can cure tummy aches.

April said...

Tummy aches stink! Sometimes they turn into headaches...and that stinks more. I don't like waking dreams either, or sleep walking without make up (it scares the kids and the people in Happy Valley). Maybe if you yell loud enough in your dream you will wake yourself up...I do that sometimes.

I can't wait for you to blog tomorrow.....or maybe THIS is a dream......ooooohhhhhhh!!!!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Just keep breathing and eventually you will adjust to you new dream life. It's been eleven years for me and I am still waiting for it to feel normal to live in Vegas, so I totally get what you are saying.

And isn't moving in the top 5 stressful events in a person's life.

Don't forget to greive. Moving means the death of your former life. This is like an eighteen year old kid leaving the family. Totally difficult.

Not to mention change is highly over rated in my opinion.

If you need a shoulder, here I am and I will make the hamster sit on the other one because he doesn't like salt water.

Hang in there, you can do this.

springrose said...

On Wednesday our girls got home from school and my Hubby told them to all line up, he had news for them. I don't know what made me do but I just blurted out...Were moving to Hawaii!! My younger daughter almost started crying. She doesn't understand that Hawaii is a paradise! The girls I babysit almost believed me, their eyes balls about poped out of their heads! Then I told them they could come and visit us. The younger girl said they just went camping and it was a long drive and she didn't want to make another long drive so soon. I think she dissed on me!! So I explained to her Hawaii is an island and you have to take a boat or fly in a plane to get there. After explaining all that I lost all the momentum I had going with the Hawaii thing. So I let Hubby tell the real news, we have a new nephew. So boring compared to were moving to Hawaii, don't you think!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

DeNae said...

Getting your stuff really helps.

And it wouldn't hurt to remind daughter that there are starving children in Las Vegas whose mother seems to have forgotten the way to Albertson's or prepare a meal that doesn't start with cream of mushroom soup who would be happy with poo-flavored spaghetti.

I'm sorry you're having stinky, eye-sweating dreams. Autumn in Utah is coming. Just hold on...

I am LoW said...

Are you telling us that you never really did move?!?!

YAY!!!

;-)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I never dream... I live in reality ALWAYS! Even reading your blog post that you didn't write but the blue tooth MIND assistants did... is REALITY... the REALITY I LIVE IN! :)

Tell that tummy ache to go away... cause your spaghetti doesn't taste like POOP... well in MY WORLD it doesnt!

Colleen said...

I love those ultra realistic dreams that feel like movies. . . and they don't get more realistic than this moving to Utah dream--so would you mind editing me into your super realistic dream with that part of your mind that knows your asleep and can even wake you up--the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain part. You'll have to cut to Hawaii in this dream, because I want all those cute rastafarian/piggy/grandmas in our dream. Okay, here's the plan, you write your book, sell the movie rights, no one has to work anymore, and you can jet back and forth whenever you want. Deal?