That's not true! I never feel like breaking the commandments after midnight?
After midnight is actaully my favorite time of day because it's just me and my playlist (and my thoughts).
They should warn us about the temptations we'll face before midnight--particularly between the hours of 6-7:30 a.m. and 2:30-9:30pm. These are the hours when me and my playlist (and my thoughts) have to pay attention to the soft scrub and the mop and the broom and the laundry and the toilets and the dishes and the oven.
Oh, and the kids.
(Okay, that's not true. I don't pay attention to any of those things.)
So last night after midnight, me and my playlist (and my thoughts) were just hanging out and getting to know each other better. It was h.e.a.v.e.n. but it made me sad that the three of us don't get to spend more time together.
But it also made me happy becasue I love that you are listening to the same songs I am when you hit my blog. It makes me feel like we're two peeps in a pod--like your chi and my chi are snug as a bug in a rug. (Unless you push mute, in which case you're blocking my chi.)
Do you want to know which songs make me smile the widest when I log in?
1. Why Georgia Why--John Mayer ((AKA Jack Mayer) I never get tired of John/Jack Mayer asking me anything?)
2. Say What You Need to Say--(I also never get tired of J/J Mayer telling me anything.)
3. Lucky-- Jason Marz. (Love this son, even though I don't believe in luck. (I only believe in science!) (Nacho Libre alert.) )
4. How to Save a Life--(If The Fray's voice had lips I would kiss them lips silly.)
5. Where is the Love?--Black Eyed Peas. (Because I love rhetorical questions. Where's the love ya'll? Where's the truth ya'll? (And please don't tell me to go read my scriptures.))
6. I Wonder (wonder wonder) Why the Wonderfalls--Andy Partridge. (I've always wondered why the wonderfalls too.)
7. What's Going On? --4 Non Blondes. (Add one more non blonde to the protest.)
8. I Don't Feel Like Dancing--Scissor Sisters.
9. Better Together. Jack Johnson. (Amen, JJ. AMEN! Especially when you're arm is wrapped around me.)
10. Mr. Blue Sky--ELO
BTW, I need to do some adding and deleting to my playlist. Any suggestions?
So, tomorrow me and my hub and my cubs are running away for V-Day so I gots ta go pack, but allow me to leave you with a thought. Or better yet, a confession (in honor of my follower of the week).
You know how some people are functional deppressives? At this very moment I'm a non-functional non-depressive.
I can't get anything done, even though I'm totally fine and dandy.
I thought it might be because I'm now a Crash Test Granny. (Believe you me, it's a lot of work being a CTG).
So I asked the universe today "What's uh, the deal?" and guess what that silly universe told me?
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.
There is one thing I fantasize about more than Jack Johnson taking me on tour with him and writing a song for me . . .
Straight shiny hair.
Can someone please start a collection for me to get my hair Japanese straightened so I can get my life back in order?